Warranty and Repairs
You must contact us before sending any firearm in for service.
The Warranty and Repairs department hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mountain Time.
If you need assistance with your Cooper rifle, have a question, or suspect a warranty issue, please contact the factory (406) 777-0373. If a Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. representative determines that the rifle should be returned for service you will be given shipping instructions.
Possession of a Federal Firearms License (FFL) is not required to ship the rifle. Federal Law allows the consumer to ship a rifle directly to the factory in the event of a warranty service claim.
Packaging Your Rifle for Return:
Use either the original shipping container* or an airline approved hard case. Do not simply put the rifle in a box or cheap plastic gun case. It may not survive shipping. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. is not responsible for damages including broken stocks resulting from improper packaging or shipping damage.
*The original packaging, with the outer box, has been UPS tested making any claims do to damage in shipping much more likely to be approved.
Here are some helpful suggestions:
- Remove the bolt.
- If you use the original box, there is a separate compartment for the bolt. If you use a hard case, you must protect the bolt from the body of the rifle. Often times during shipment the contents of the case can shift and an unprotected bolt can damage the body of the rifle.
- Protect the crown of the barrel by placing either styrofoam or soft packing over the tip of the barrel.
- Do not send your scope or scope rings unless specifically requested by a service technician.
- Include a written explanation of the problem with the rifle. Make sure to include you name, physical address, email address, and daytime phone number.
- DO NOT ENCLOSE LIVE ROUNDS!!